Monday, August 20, 2007

summer ending

Summer is almost over. Some parts of it were so hard, I couldn't get out of the fetal position and off of the couch for a week. Some parts of it were so great and wonderful, I felt I could take the world in long sweeping steps.
Because of the way the county school board, set up the school calender, this has been an extra long summer, but I wouldn't mind if it went on for a few more weeks. I've been enjoying these mellow, languid days, with a house full of silly happy kids. As far as I'm concerned, kids make the months between June and August become the season called "Summer." Soon though, we will be back to deadlines, schedules, homework hassles and waking up while it's still dark outside. I feel as if I'm holding onto the last days of summer, like I'm holding onto my sweet sweet children. Both are changing with the seasons and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Instead, I'll just let myself breath in this very perfect moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment