Monday, September 03, 2007

School time ...again.

Oh Bother! I have the End of Summer blues. What else should I call it. My kids have gone back to school and now there’s nobody around to play with, and in fact, there’s no playing at all! The house needs new floors, new paint, a new water heater, and there’s a leak in the wall, which has made the sheet-rock yucky. I want to go back to the beach and play in the sand. I wanna run and jump and shout in the rain storm again. I want to have that “everything is perfect at this very moment” feeling, as I watch my kids play in the surf or snuggle up with me in the beach towel.

I’m not ready for this start of school stuff. This blasting out of the house first thing in the morning only to sit in interminable traffic. Then not seeing my sunny sweet kid faces until 6 or 7 at night. Pooh! I wanna play. I want my kiddies! We still need to do more traveling and exploring! We were just getting warmed up! Now it’s school time.

Oh Bother!

No comments:

Post a Comment