Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Time for some action!

By the numbers, there are very few women directors and there are even fewer women who make action films. Is it because no one will give funding when a women is at the helm of an action film. Are guys uncomfortable with it? It is about the good ol' boy network that runs Hollywood? It's probably those and much more. But none of them are good reasons. Not one! So now I'm thinking, I could make an action film.

Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge yet to direct my own film. But I know I can write and produce. So, during lunch with my exceptionally talented friend and director Kat Candler, I told her my idea. And now just a few weeks later, we have co-written an awesome action short. It's going to be 10 minutes of gritty, bloody, funny, fast action, in your face film. Kat's directing it and I'm now wearing "Producer" hat.

Hold on tight folks, things are going to start happening around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment