Saturday, October 01, 2005

Texas Freedom Network

I do not equal apathy!

A friend of mine took me to a really interesting conference. The organization is called the Texas Freedom Network. It's main objective is to counter the far right wings conservatives.

It was inspiring to meet these people and hear how much they've done for individuals and groups of people. They are motivated, visionary, positive and hard working for a cause that counters the extremism that's going on today.

It's also interesting to go to these things and realize I don't do a whole hell of a lot for my country. Sure I pay taxes, keep within the law, and am basically a good person, but I don't register voters, stand up for the disenfranchised, protest international policy, or protest the watering down of the EPA guidelines. I don't write to anyone in support of Roe. If I tried any less harder, I would be the poster mom for the Recons. Perhaps that's why this country is in the state it's in.

o.k., so here's the deal - I'm going to get involved. I don't know how yet, and I don't know how much, but I can do something.

I do not equal apathy!

No comments:

Post a Comment