Monday, February 25, 2008

Chilling out with Little Guy.


One of the great things when only one child gets the day off from school, is that you get major one on one time. Lot’s of talking, ideas, and just hanging out.


The day was beautiful, he played tennis in the morning, we shopped central market for specialty items, then I cooked him up a fancy shrimp and pasta dish for lunch. Then out came the clay. Not kiddie clay from Michaels. I’m talking about the real deal. A 25lb bag of creamy grey clay from Armadillo Clay in East Austin. It was cool and smooth and delightful. It also ended up over a good bit of the dining room table and on us. Which is how it’s supposed to be. He worked on an urn/pitcher/cup creation, I worked on a leaf candle holder for the patio.


I didn’t realize I was humming while working and Little Guy said “ I really like that.”

“What sweetie?” I asked.

He said, “What your doing, and your singing too. It’s really good.”


How great is that. A complement from out of the blue. I couldn’t help but gaze at him and think I’m the luckiest person in the world.



Here is Little Guy’s brilliant creation.







No comments:

Post a Comment