Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dream House

Everyone should have some type of guilty pleasure. (Keep it clean folks, this is a G rated blog here). I'm talking about the sneaking of chocolate, the splurge on those must have, too expensive shoes. Perhaps you let the kids watch too much t.v., so you can read the trashy tabloid or you spend too much time playing solitaire on the computer. I’ve known more than a few mom’s who have confessed to me in hushed tones that they occasionally sneak into a movie theater, while the kids are off at school (gasp!)
Well, the time has come –Yes indeed, right here and right now, I am going to admit my sins, confess my guilt and cleans my soul. (Halleluiah).
My sin is that I lust after… houses. Yes, several times a week, I slip off to my computer and check out the MLS listings. I know it’s ridicules, because I don’t plan on moving for another year, but I can’t help myself. I just must know, what house has just come on the market, what’s it’s square feet, lot size, pool?, 2 story, etc. Is there anything about the house that’s special or horrid. It doesn’t matter if it’s a small teardown or an opulent mansion, I look at it all. Irrelevant of the price tag, I find myself asking “Would I want to live there?” Some how reality melts away and I see myself sitting on the porch of a cute little 1920’s Craftsman watching the day unfold on Duval street, or maybe I’m having my friends and their kids over to play in the pool, at my sprawling ranchero down in Dripping Springs or maybe I’ve found a terrific fixer upper in East Austin, and I’m just the person to make it shine.
Unfortunately, a problem has come up. My husband warned me this could happen, but I didn’t think it would happen to me. That is, I have totally and completely fallen in love. In love with a house, that can never be mine. From the very first time I laid eyes on it in the MLS section of “Rare Finds,” it has been love at first sight. I don’t care if it’s crummy and broken down on the inside, if the plumbing needs to be replaced, or there are rodents in the attic, I totally love this house.
Just by looking at the outside of it, I can tell you it is the house of my dreams. And that is where it will have to stay. It is so incredibly expensive, I couldn’t afford it in any lifetime. (Also, it’s so expensive, I couldn’t justify spending that much money on a house, even if I was super rich) But I will always hold it near to my heart.


Here is a picture of it and yes it is located here in Austin Texas.
















No comments:

Post a Comment