Monday, February 02, 2009

art = life

................. Dancer in Black by Fabian Perez ..................


I've realized that I must do something creative in life, no matter how big or small. If I ignore that part of me, because I've gotten caught up and overwhelmed with the needs of others, I quickly become irritable and out of sorts. I find myself pacing, and getting the "I-gotta-act/write/sing/dance/LIVE, or I'm-gonna-go-outa-my-mind" kind of restlessness (and I'm not even a good dancer!). If I ignore my art/life connection for too long, I become a depressed shell of a person, with very little give to anyone. The point is, being creative is integral to living and we often push it to the side for the sake of others. We forget that it is in the fabric of who we are and it's as important as breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment