Thursday, December 31, 2009

Stays and Goes

A new year is upon us. The big reminder that time is moving forward and there’s nothing we can do about it. The global “Ahh shit, I’m older.”

Which is a drastically different mentality from what I grew up with. As a kid, and through college, I always felt young and I could do anything.

At some point though, it changed and I grew up. It wasn’t one thing, but many realizations that built upon themselves. Moments that culminated and have resulted in me sitting here now, writing bits and pieces of thoughts.

So, with the New Year coming up and reflecting on the past, I’ve been been revisiting the old me - wondering, what is gone and what remains.

Well, I’m not selfish anymore, and I’m certainly not naïve. I’ve got a good grasp that life is not fair or easy, and fun and exciting is something you grab -not wait to happen. Which leaves me with hope. Simple and strong. It’s what has quietly been with me all along and continues to move me forward - eager for the next day.

I may be tapping away at the keyboard, thinking “crap, we’re getting old!,” but I’m excited about what the new year is going to bring. It’s taken awhile to understand it, but the key ingredient in my life is Hope and that’s pretty wonderful.

Happy New Year Everyone and here’s to an abundance of happiness, health and hope in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment