Friday, December 13, 2013

Forget the holidays, I want to go to Sundance and Slamdance!


Blogs are like house plants, if you don’t water them every now and again, they’re going to whither and die. Not that this blog is going away, but it’s been a bit neglected and it needs some serious TLC.

So back to the writing…

Really I have been doing a lot of writing, but just not here. I’ve got several screenplays that I’m working on and hopefully sometime this year, I’ll have enough financing and support, to make one of them! How incredibly amazing would that be.

Right now though, I’m really excited about the upcoming Sundance and Slamdance fests in January. I know I should be focusing on the holidays, especially since I haven’t bought a single gift (gah!!), but for some reason, holidays are more of a pain in the ass, than a reason for a wonderful warm glow feeling.
I think it’s the commercialization of what should be a thoughtful, introspective time of year, - kind of turns me off!
But I got distracted, back to the upcoming Fests!!
I’m particularly thrilled that this is going to be my second time at Sundance and Slamdance. No more being a first timer for me!  I’ve got my flights, my condo, my awesome condo mates and I’m looking forward to seeing friends,  reconnecting with friends from last year, and seeing lots of movies!!
 And there is going to be a huge Texas contingent going again this year, so YeeHaw, watch out. Texas is once again, going to dominate screen and streets.

Drop me a line if you think you’ll be out there, would love to see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment