Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Lost

I have completely lost track of time. One day it’s the Friday before the premier, and the next thing I know, it’s a Tuesday and I’m suffering exhaustion.

SXSW has totally kicked my ass. Over the last few months and especially more so during SXSW, I have been determined to get the word out that I’m an actress and that everyone should see this film, jumping off bridges. I believe in myself and this film and I wouldn’t have worked so hard otherwise.

But starting up conversations with people I don’t know, going alone to parties, attending films after film by myself, sitting in bars writing notes to myself and trying not to get picked up, and quickly walking to my car in deserted parking garages, has been scary, exhausting, awkward and nerve wracking. I am stressed out, stretch thin and miss my kids.

I don’t understand this drive I have to do this, but I do. Sometimes I think it’s going to kill me if I keep trying and sometimes I think I’ll just die if I stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment