Sunday, December 21, 2008

Facebook takes me back!

What an overwhelming day… See, after wrapping on NJBB, I got a Facebook page going because I thought it would be a great way to keep in touch with our truly fantastic cast and crew. Then because the acting/film group in Austin is pretty tight, I was connecting with all kinds of friends from around here. Then last night an email came reaching out from the past, right into my world. Someone from my college theater days had tracked me down through Facebook. Funny think about Facebook, because in the last 24 hours, I have now reconnected to a group of super cool, incredibly beautiful and exceptionally talented friends I haven't heard from in 16 years. I see their pictures and it doesn’t seem like they’ve aged at all. (Which truthfully kinda pisses me off, cause I look like hell!). But I especially love that when I look at their picture, I can still hear the sound of their voices and the way they talked and laughed. The easy way we had with each other. It reminds me, even after all these years, of how much I cared for them.

I got to thinking about school and how much I loved taking acting classes. That I still dream of going back for my masters in acting, but that it will have to wait until I’m finished raising the kids.

It’s a wonderful feeling of being connected and they remind me of the girl I used to be and I wonder how much of her is still with me. Pretty heady stuff, but also really really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment