Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Sundance 2013 Recap

Taylor Thompson's pic of me on last day of Sundance 2013


I was hoping to do a “Wise Sage Wrap Up” post on what I learned from Sundance, but truthfully, I’m not sure I’ll ever have a handle on it.

A Few Things I Learned at Sundance 2013:

~ I’m more of an introvert than previously thought, but I used to be a social butterfly, and I just had to remember how to do it. 

~I didn’t merely go beyond my comfort zone: it was obliterated. By the end of Sundance, I could talk the talk, and walk the walk (and cough the cough!).

~Texas filmmakers are incredibly funny, sweet people!

~ I loved my Condo mates!! They are with out a doubt the coolest people on the planet. Because of them, I was very sorry to see the festival end.  Thanks to: Kat Candler, Corey Mitchell, Lauren Sanders, Taylor Thompson, Jonny Mars, Robin Schwartz and the occasional Aaron Marshall.

~ I loved working on Black Metal and supporting it at Sundance.  I’m so very proud of Kat Candler, Jonny Mars, and Kelly Williams for putting out an exceptional short film.

~Never get a new phone the day before you attend any festival!! I spent more time trying to figure it out, than actually using it  >:/

~Yen Tan’s film, Pit Stop, is an incredibly beautiful film. I’m sorry I was cut out of it, but I also see why. 

~ The Edelweiss Condo was super duper itsy bitsy teeny micro TINY!! but it was a great location. (I’m not complaining, I only shared my room with one, sometimes two people. Not 3 or 4!!)

~I’d like to thank the following people for helping me while I was at Sundance. You probably didn’t know it, but each one of you did something either incredibly nice, made me laugh, went out of your way to help me, encouraged me, have a wonderfulness about you, were there to support me, and/or believed in me in some way.     Big Thanks to: Sam, Austin and Joel Campbell, Lauri Randall, Dawn Bowyer, Trish Stoker, Joanna Langee, My Condo Mates!!, Marcus DeAnda, Alfred Cervantes,  Alan Berg, Kristen Johansen-Berg, HutcH, Don Swaynos, Richard Jones, Debbie Cerda, Farah White, Yen Tan, Anika Kunik, Sheryl Guterman, Jay Spain, Tina Theresa Rodriquez, and the super fun Vimeo Party.

~I will never be star struck, because I’ll never recognize celebrities in everyday life, or even remember their names.

~Try to get lots of sleep before going to Sundance - you’ll need it.

~ Nothing worth doing, is easy.

~ I can do anything.  Something I’ve always known, but I only half -believed.  Now I feel it like there is no other way.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment