Saturday, August 06, 2005

Reunion

It seems there’s reunion of sorts back home. It all has to do with my sister’s high school band mates. I was still in elementary school when she was in high school, but I loved hanging out with her and many of the names from her past are names I know well. Gets me thinking…

Thinking about the past fills me with intense emotions both wonderful and sad. Sometimes it’s like seeing a really powerful movie. Both stay with you for days. Unfortunately, dealing with powerful emotions doesn’t make for getting the dinner on and the family fed.

Powerful emotions, do wake me up and remind me that I’m alive though, so I guess the whole reminiscing thing is probably a good thing. Sometimes painful, sometimes connecting, sometimes sweetness and love. Usually all of that together at once.

It just has to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment