Sunday, September 04, 2005

Giving

I was driving down 183 and saw a bunch of police and cars at an intersection. I though "oh no, I hope it wasn't an accident." As I got closer, I realized that the police were directing cars into and out of a street off of the highway. Then I thought "Oh it's probably church goers leaving their parking lot." But then I realized that these were cars waiting to get into the parking lot and that it wasn't a church, but a donation center for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

The cars seemed to go on and on, down one hill up and over the next. Everyone patiently waiting to drop off their donation. All packed with supplies. And it went on like this. I felt so proud. Everyone coming together.

Thinking about it still chokes me up.

On my way back, I checked the odometer. The line of cars was over a mile long.

No comments:

Post a Comment