Saturday, February 24, 2007

missing child

I spent part of this stunningly beautiful day searching for a missing 14 year old girl named Mallorie Bustos. She attends Murchison Middle School. She was last seen February 17th @ The Broadstone Apts on Bluffstone road near 360 and Spicewood Springs Rd. She has black hair and was last seen wearing blue jeans, white tennis shoes and a white t-shirt. She is 5’1 and weighs 120 lbs. She also wears braces.

My search buddy and I hiked through wooded areas littered with trash, poked our poles in mounds of bushes and tree limbs, and searched in water drains caked with slime. We looked for clothing, shoes, even earrings, talked to construction workers, put up posters, and all the time thinking, what would a 14 year old girl have thought, what would she have done, where would she have gone. Where is she? I was one of about 80 people who searched, some of them the entire day, looking for anything that might help. I’m waiting to see if there is another search tomorrow. Her poor mom, I can’t imagine what she’s going through and I hope I never have to find out.

It was upsetting to search for a missing child today, but I’m so glad we didn’t find her in the woods. It leaves room for hope. Like, I hope she’s o.k and she’s coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment