Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sundance Day 6 – Not good!

A visit to the Park City clinic for my cough! 

I’m here at Sundance and I’m sick!! I can’t believe it. Argh!!  I don’t have a sore throat, I just can’t seem to breathe very well and everything make me cough.  I walk over to the local clinic and get anitbioitcs and some cough syrup with codeine.  Tonight is the short program awards ceremony. Kat got me a ticket and it’s one of the most important functions I want to attend. I could cry that I may not be able to go.
“Please get well enough to attend the awards ceremony tonight,” I say to my immune system. It’s a little mantra I repeat over and over until I drift into a coma from the cough syrup.  I stay in bed all day.

It time to go to the awards ceremony and I know I can’t go. I’m just too sick and I’m totally wiped out.

Jonny and Robin come in and ask if I’m not going to go to the event, could she have my ticket.  I’m happy to give it to her. I couldn’t think of a nicer person I would rather give it to.  But when they leave I just can’t hold back and have a good cry in my pillow.  I don’t know when, or if, I’ll ever be able to come back to Sundance.

Later on Corey comes in. In the last week, he’s probably seen a zillion films, and done an equal amount of interviews. He’s a best selling author of true crime books and knows horror films, heavy metal bands and all things truly kick ass. (www.metalsucks.net/)   I also think he a really awesome guy. It’s nice to just sit and chat, and it helps take the sting out of not going to the awards ceremony.

Some more folks trickle in. Aaron is sleeping again on the floor of our room, but he’s not too worried about catching what I have. Kat decides to crash on the floor of the living room. I can’t blame her. If I heard me coughing, I wouldn’t want to be near me either.

I accidently take triple the amount of cough syrup (that was 2 teaspoons, not 3 tablespoons!) and I’m thankfully out for the rest of the evening.





No comments:

Post a Comment